Senior Program Analyst
Senior Program Analyst
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Senior Program Analyst - School of Foreign Service (SFS)
A new School of Foreign Service (SFS) research center is seeking applications for a Senior Program Analyst position. We are a research organization focused on studying the security impacts of emerging technologies, supporting academic work in security and technology studies, and delivering nonpartisan analysis to technologists and policymakers. This new Center will focus initially on artificial intelligence and advanced computing.
The Program Analyst will report to the Center's Director of Operations and will be responsible for:
- Drafting and distributing a weekly newsletter to Center stakeholders in national security policy and academic communities focused on articles, events, and reports covering emerging technology and its intersection with national security policy.
- Facilitating periodic website updates, including minor text revisions, sub-page creation, and website hygiene.
- Crafting social media posts, press releases, and other external communications content to drive interest and engagement with newly published Center research publications.
- Supporting grant and subcontract awards and program management in coordination with the Director of Operations and Research Fellows.
- Providing research assistance to data and analysis teams on an as needed basis.
- Facilitating Center and University business processes like job posting, financial reconciliation, and office operations.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience providing communications and/or project management support
- Ability to carry on assigned tasks with limited need for supervision
- Proficiency with office productivity tools like Google Docs, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven
- MA/MS or graduate coursework in public policy, public administration, international relations, or related field
- Familiarity with recent developments in machine learning and computing
- Familiarity with A/B Testing of Newsletters and other digital marketing content
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (like WordPress) and Marketing Automation solutions (like MailChimp)
- Exposure to policy making staff (e.g., Hill or DOD)
- Foreign language proficiency
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Senior-Program-Analyst_JR05886
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency