Transfer Credit Specialist I
Job location: VA Chantilly
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-28
Transfer Credit Specialist is responsible for the evaluation of documentation for transfer and alternative credit of domestic and international students, as well as interacting with campuses and internal departments to help the institution operate efficiently and follow policies and procedures.
- Review transcripts of course work taken at other institutions, and evaluate course work to determine eligibility to receive transfer credit or advanced standing in Strayer University’s degree and diploma programs.
- Review international student evaluation requests and forward documents for translation.
- Assist in maintaining the University Academic Credit Portal, including grade reporting, trouble-shooting, and processing requests for alternative credit.
- Assist with campus issues and questions pertaining to evaluations, and ensure that all departments conform to established policies and timelines.
- Respond to emails, cases, and phone calls regarding transfer credit evaluation, re-evaluation, course matching, requests to pursue, and policy questions.
- Assists with designated projects as assigned.
- Significant work toward a bachelor’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience researching, interpreting, and applying university policies and procedures relating to transfer credit or graduation requirements preferred
- Experience working in a team in a demanding, fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of student system technology, experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred
- Work requires attention to detail as well as the ability to manage details and multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong command of the English language
- High level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work collaboratively and support efforts of team members
- Ability to interact with a diverse community and with all levels of the University
- No travel required
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Fast paced office environment
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is not required to perform this job
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]