Feb 28, 2019
About the Bard Early Colleges
Through a tuition-free, engaging college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, the Bard Early Colleges help high school students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college prepared to contribute to the workforce and civic life. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. The Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic supports. Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 2,850 students in five states. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard High School Early College DC (Bard DC), a partnership between Bard College and District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS), invites applications for a full-time Early College Program Associate.
- Provide academic support for students, including one-on-one and group tutoring;
- Work with faculty to provide writing and composition support to students;
- Coordinate peer, faculty, and volunteer tutoring and mentoring programs across subject areas;
- Offer college skill building support to students, under the direction of the school leadership team;
- Provide registrar (enrollment) support;
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the school leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Demonstrated interest in working with urban students
- Tutoring or instructional experience in writing;
- Strong organizational and communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with adolescents;
- Experience with early college programs (preferred).
To apply, please upload a letter of interest, resume, and include three references through Interfolio.com. Review of applications to begin immediately.
Position is contingent on availability of funds and criminal background check.