University of La Verne
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
The Instructional Designer will provide expertise and support in high quality course and curriculum development for online, hybrid, and other technology-enabled delivery methods. As part of a focused instructional design team, will work closely with faculty members to leverage technology to increase student outcomes and engagement and employ best instructional strategies and practices. Develop instructional materials and assist in course re-design initiative.
Position will assist the implementation of adopted standards and expectations, and the broader adoption of technology-enhanced instruction. The position will also support “drop-in” faculty consultation through the Center for Teaching & Learning.
- Collaborate with team members and faculty in the development of high quality online offerings for the University.
- Assist faculty in the adoption of technology enhanced strategies in online, hybrid, or web-enhanced environments.
- Present training, workshops, orientations on techniques and strategies related to online program development and delivery.
- Utilize multi-media technology and authoring tools, and train others on their use.
- Maintain current in emerging curricular and technological innovations and introduce to/train faculty, as appropriate, for their adoption.
- Incorporate best practices related to the development and collection of data to be used in assessment, program review, and course and program review and development.
- Provide curriculum development/instructional design consultation to faculty “drop in” visitors to the Center for Teaching & Learning.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree with 2 years combined training or experience in instructional design utilizing common techniques and practices.
- Should have competence in standard web authoring/design tools and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design and courseware development principles.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems and web authoring and multi-media tools.
- Communications, team and relationship building tools.
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and demands.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Curriculum Development, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field with 3+ years experience building online, hybrid, web-enhanced courses within a university online program.
- 3+ years experience in a virtual working environment
- 3+ years experience in project management.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency