Manager, Business Development
Are you a business development or sales professional with a successful track record of generating and closing new business with employers? Do you successfully cultivate and open new employer accounts within the staffing/recruiting industry? Interested in changing industries to a rewarding career in higher education? If so we’d like to hear from you.
Bay State College, located in Boston’s Back Bay, currently has an opening within their marketing department for a Manager of Business Development. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Admissions.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated sales professional with a strong desire to succeed. You will be joining a team that is committed and passionate about changing lives.
• Responsible for developing corporate accounts (new business) within a target market leading to revenue growth from the employer vertical.
• Accountable for achieving new business goals by partnering with employers and securing education partnerships that provide employees with continuing education opportunities at Bay State College and by partnering with employers to develop education, tailored learning and training solutions for their employees.
• Meet with HR, managers, senior management and c-level executives of prospective employer partners with the goal of learning each employer’s vital skills gaps, professional development, leadership development and training needs.
• Introduce Bay State College’s suite of educational programs and custom build solutions designed to meet employer skills gaps, training and development needs.
• Collaborate with the Vice President of Admissions, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Academic Department Chairs on the development of custom solutions.
• Collaborate with the Vice President of Admissions on identifying market demand trends for education products and solutions.
• Work with the Vice President of Admissions to develop marketing assets to support sales efforts.
• Bachelor Degree required
• 3 to 5 years of successful business to business sales experience selling education services, workforce solutions, professional development or other intangible services to businesses.
• High achiever who is motivated and results-driven with a verifiable track record of achieving/exceeding new business quotas.
• Previous success in executing a tactical plan to open and growing new revenue generating accounts/partnerships.
• Experience working with a CRM and tracking contacts, activity and sales opportunities within the database.
• Comfortable with local travel to employers up to 50% of the time.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile.
• Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
• May require travel to other locations occasionally.
• Authorized to work in the following country: United States
• Willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations
• Normal office conditions.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evening, overnight, and weekend hours.
Candidates that meet the required qualifications above, please forward your resume to Vice President of Admissions, Richard McCarthy, [email protected] with Business Development in the subject line.
Competitive Salary with bonus component.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts
- Retirement and Savings Plan-401K
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
No Phone Calls Please
Bay State is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.