Assistant Director of Development
The University of Toledo Foundation:
The University of Toledo Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 organization, exists for the sole purpose of supporting The University of Toledo. The Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization for the University. Our purpose is to support the University’s broad educational mission by receiving, managing, and distributing generous gifts to benefit students and enhance faculty and program efforts. The Foundation includes the Development, Alumni Relations and Special Event functions. Through its subsidiary, the UT Real Estate Corp., the Foundation also manages off campus real estate matters for the University.
The UT Foundation embraces the mission of The University of Toledo by aspiring to be a forward-thinking, philanthropic organization, providing impactful financial support and engagement opportunities for transformation throughout the University community.
Assistant Director of Development:
The Assistant Director of Development is a highly motivated fundraiser who will engage with donors and solicit gifts for the College of Medicine and Life Sciences.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Build and manage a network of relationships with prospective donors involving University administrators, college and program leadership, and faculty. Facilitate communication with these prospects. Lead gift solicitations to fund University programs. Evaluate gift opportunities and recommend those most suitable for a particular donor. Consult with development staff, faculty, and others to formulate strategies and identify potential donors. Travel commensurate with expectations to reach donors and prospects locally, regionally, and nationally. Perform related development activities/efforts at the request of manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 2 years professional fundraising experience including cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the importance of University Development activities to maintaining lasting and positive donor relations. Experience in higher education fundraising preferred.
- Held accountable for:
- Maintaining a portfolio of 100+ qualified prospective donors with an emphasis on major gifts at a defined amount. Meeting or exceeding annual expectations for donor visits and annual solicitations.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Provide quality customer service. Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions. Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills. Function in a confidential manner. Collaborate with other staff.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references to [email protected]. Position will remain open until filled, applications received by March 15, 2019 will be given priority.
The University of Toledo Foundation values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.