IT Support Professional II
DescriptionJob Purpose: Provide unit level support in the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems. Position typically addresses a wide variety of applications often involving highly complex issues, working under general supervision while providing work guidance to lower levels.Major Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and upgrade workstation and peripheral hardware and software.
- Analyze and resolve complex workstation, application and server related problems.
- Update desktop software/applications; maintain documentation on installed applications.
- Provide users with assistance in working in specific applications.
- Participate in development of standard operating procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to four years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of and skill in the installation and maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring a full understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Included are skills in problem solving, decision making, customer service, system documentation and communications.
QualificationsPreferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in technology and information systems or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
•Preferred Work Experience: 3+ years of support experience working in an IT desktop support environment providing in-person and remote software support.. Experience with Microsoft Active Directory services, Windows 10 and Mac OS operating systems, Windows Server operating systems, Windows image creation, OSX clone/image creation, computer management software (e.g. SCCM/Altiris/LanDesk), issue-tracking ticket systems, SQL databases, server administration consoles, automating tasks, scripting, etc.
•Preferred Certifications: Network +, Security +
•Preferred Skills: Understand diverse needs of stakeholders and work with IT management to define new solutions and technology applications to serve them. The ability to build trust and relationships with customers to support their research, administrative, and academic initiatives. Provide consultative support to faculty or staff on any and all technology relevant to their work (may include collaboration tools such as videoconferencing, emerging technologies such as virtual reality hardware and software, and multimedia applications). Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong service orientation, and the ability to work well with other professionals in providing technical solutions. Candidate should be able to resolve and prioritize multiple problems and project assignments quickly and completely with limited supervision. Preferred Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems for workstations (Windows 7 through Windows 10), Mac OS operating systems, and Windows servers. Experience creating and automating deployments of operating systems and software packages through imaging or scripted installs using tools such as SCCM, Altiris, Ghost, Landesk, Clonezilla, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, JAMF, Netboot, PXE, etc. Active directory management and experience including the creation and use of group policies for users and computers. Strong knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and performing network management tasks related to DNS, DHCP and firewall configuration. Experience creating scripts such as batch, Powershell, bash or similar scripting languages to automate processes such as software installs/updates.
Additional Information: This position will work with a team of Library IT Support Professionals and liaison with Library DevOps staff to support Georgia Tech Library employees and customers. This position is expected to proactively analyze support issues and recommend solutions. This position is expected to actively participate in cross-functional teams, as needed. This position will support the main campus Library buildings and one remote site located less than 5 miles from main campus.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with faculty and staff personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: users and other support personnel. This position will supervise: NA.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2019, 7:35:26 AM