Associate Dean of Students
Job descriptionEmployment Status:Full time (29-40 Hrs) Closing:3/28/19 Proposed Salary Range:Commensurate with Experience Type of Employment:Staff Location:ASU-Jonesboro
Under the supervision of the Dean of Students, the Director for Residence Life provides leadership, vision and management for the department of Residence Life. The Director sets the tone for the implementation of a residential environment that is positive, engaging and challenges students to grow.
This is a non-classified position governed by institutional policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating strategic planning, goal setting and assessment initiatives.
- Implements best practices related to the residence life programs and services.
- Oversight of administrative operations within the department.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervising and evaluation of Residence Life staff.
- Oversight of the development and management of social, academic, recreational, cultural and safety programs and communities for residents.
- Manage emergency and crisis situations that pertain to students living in residence life housing.
- Provides direction for budgeting and facility operations.
- Ensures effective marketing, retention efforts and projection trends to maximize occupancy.
- Coordinates and facilitates the following events/initiatives: Operation Move-In, Welcome Week, housing selection, RA selection, and communication with incoming freshman students.
- Ensures compliance with relevant policies, procedures, professional standards, laws and trends as applicable.
- Anticipates future housing trends and how to accommodate the trends through programs, services and renovation initiatives.
- Participates and contributes in broader student life events and traditions.
- Director collaborates closely with various university stakeholders including Facilities Management, Finance and Administration, University Police, Counseling Center, and Campus Card Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated supervisory experience.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and parents.
Ability to coordinate and facilitate special events.
Understanding of the general concepts of college student development.
Knowledge of federal, state and campus policies, procedures and regulations.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Residence Life Support Personnel, Students and University Constituents
Master’s Degree with an emphasis in College Student Personnel, higher education administration or related field.
Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible professional experience within a comprehensive Residence Life system in a higher education setting.