Business Data Analytics Faculty
At Maryville University, our vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
Maryville University is searching for an energetic and forward-thinking Business Data Analytics faculty member to join our John E. Simon School of Business where we are serious about our mission to develop technologically-savvy future business leaders. We seek educators who think innovatively, build competence in technology, and use engaging pedagogy to help our students deepen their learning and broaden their perspectives.
The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students. In addition, the candidate will have the ability to teach the following course subjects:
•Advanced Topics in Data Analytics
•Forecasting and Predictive Modeling
•Business Data Analytics Capstone
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
•Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract, employing a variety of pedagogical styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world application of concepts covered.
•Develop innovative pedagogical strategies, including the use of technology, to deliver course content in a meaningful and engaging manner.
•Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System)
•Work closely with instructional design team to deliver course content
•Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines
•Ensure that program learning and specific course outcomes are assessed for continuous improvement
•Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner
•Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns
•Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course
•Additional duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business, Management Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Statistics, or related field from a regionally accredited institution
•Experience with data analytics languages and tools (e.g. SQL Server, R, Python, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, Neo4j, TensorFlow, ElasticSearch)
•Experience with data analytics, data mining, machine learning, NoSQL databases, big data, and predictive analytics
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or Statistics from a regionally accredited institution
•Experience with virtual machines (local and cloud based)
•Experience in online teaching and online course development
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Teaching philosophy must be attached to complete the application process.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/2219Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Maryville website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- INSIGHT Into Diversity
- Inside Higher Ed
- Diversity Awareness Partnership
- Personal referral
- * If you answered "Other" please elaborate on where you learned of this opening:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business, Management Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Statistics, or related field from a regionally accredited institution?
- * List subjects you have taught or in which you have industry experience below:•Data Analytics•Data Warehousing•Data Mining•Data Visualization•Advanced Topics in Data Analytics•Forecasting and Predictive Modeling•Business Data Analytics Capstone
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy