Requisition Number STA - 201000000717
Job Title EO Investigator
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of EO Investigator . The University of North Texas System (UNTS) is a dynamic, growing university system serving primarily the North Texas region. The System campuses include the University of North Texas (UNT) Denton campus, the state's fourth largest university with more than 38,000 students; the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, with 2,362 students; and the UNT at Dallas campus with 3,500 students.
This position is in the Human Resources Department's Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I), supporting UNT System
Administration, UNT Health Science Center and UNT Dallas. Under the direction of the Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, the Equal Opportunity Investigator is responsible for receiving, triaging and addressing complaints from employees based on protected class status concerning allegations of discriminatory behavior. This position also performs investigations and delivers training across the campuses and the UNT System Administration and partners with department and divisional leaders to make strategic recommendations on a variety of workplace issues related to policy compliance and in a way that supports strategic institutional initiatives.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs discrimination, harassment, and retaliation investigations, while additionally functioning as an office point of contact
for inquires and walk-ins; consults with Director as needed to respond to consultations, prepare investigative plans and make final determinations in investigations.
- Delivers EO training programs across campuses and System Administration locations, including anti- discrimination
training, sexual misconduct, EO managerial essentials and search committee training with in-person or online formats; assists with development and oversight of the EO training calendar.
- Partners with internal customers to provide high level consultative services, and customized training as required, to departments and divisions on issues related to all areas of equal opportunity.
- Provides guidance and training on appropriate methods and strategies for mediation and conflict resolution to employees at all levels, up to and including Administrative Officers on EO, ADA, Title IX, and harassment related issues.
- Works closely with the campus Title IX Coordinators, Academic Affairs, and faculty offices.
- Assists all levels of management, including executive leadership, in identifying, resolving, and preventing equal opportunity /affirmative action complaints.
- Develops and maintains professional work relationships and build strategic partnerships.
- Assists with the preparation of reporting for the Affirmative Action Plan, including retrieving and editing data and creating
reports such as the workforce analysis, adverse impact analysis, applicant flow, etc. Monitors timelines and works with other
necessary units to ensure timely completion.
- Monitors and reviews the faculty hiring process, which will include but is not limited to working with deans, department chairs,
administration and faculty on searches (posting, recruitment, targeting resources, monitoring pools, waivers of posting),
interview questions and reasons for selection and non-selection.
- Prepares, edits, and monitors EO and D&I educational materials and the ED & I website.
- Ability to travel to the other UNT campuses in the DFW area, as needed.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated investigation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in employee relations/human resources.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations related to EEO/AA, ADA, FMLA and DOL programs.
- Experience with EEO/AA compliance.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Problem solving, critical thinking skills and conflict resolution/mediation experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- SPHR/PHR Certification.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience serving in a Title IX role (Coordinator, etc.)
- Experience leading investigating and documenting discrimination and harassment, sexual harassment and retaliation complaints.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter