Assoc. Director-Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Associate Director - Student Activities, Involvement and Leadership (SAIL)
Under the guidance of the Director of Student Activities, Involvement and Leadership (SAIL), this position facilitates the planning, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive campus-wide student activities and involvement program. The Associate Director supervises student staff (approximately 13 student staff members and a graduate assistant/intern) and volunteers and manages approximately 160 events, trainings, and programs per year. The Associate Director projects and plans an annual budget and participates in the planning and assessment of SAIL's mission and yearly goals.
In addition, under the oversight of the SAIL Director, the Associate Director will manage a fee-based budget. The Associate Director is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the leadership education series and late-night programming activities. The role demands adaptability and a demonstrated ability to lead in changing environments, delivering effective educational and engagement programs.
The Associate Director holds a full-time, twelve-month, administrative exempt position and reports to the Director of SAIL.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, Education or related field.
- Three years of experience in a higher education field or relevant professional field.
- Experience working with college student development and/or leadership programs.
- High level of cultural competency and experience working effectively with diverse populations, as well as ability and/or experience promoting universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Master's degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, Education or related field.
- Experience working with student activities, student organizations, student union or related area, such as event planning; experience with a campus programming board or other similar student organization is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and services for student activities and student leadership programs.
- Experience developing and administering budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of student development theory.
- Supervisory experience with graduate, and student staff and volunteers.
- Assessment and development of learning outcomes.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.