CCI Office Assistant - Summer 2019
Job InformationClassification Information Classification Number 900051 Classification Title CCI Office Assistant Department Center for Careers and Internships Level Level B (Skilled) Job Description
Application deadline April 1 at 11:55 pm
If the following describes you: kind, approachable, compassionate, energetic, spirited, resourceful, and can maintain a smile and sense of humor even during the most challenging of days then we hope you will apply for this opportunity.
First-years, sophomores from diverse backgrounds and interests are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Front desk reception coverage needed 20-32 hours per week through the summer (days/times Monday-Friday). Flexible hours, can be combined with another on-campus summer job.
• Interest in continuing employment with the CCI during the 2019-2020 Academic Year for 2-6 hours a week.
• Serve as the first point of contact to all visitors coming to the Center for Careers and Internships; greet students and other visitors to Adirondack House in a friendly professional manner.
• Demonstrate knowledge of CCI resources and services.
• Answer phones and distribute mail to staff.
• Assist Language School students with making career advising appointments.
• Work cooperatively with others and accept direction from supervisors.
• Assist with data entry and special projects during time at front desk.
• Handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
• Must have ability to maintain customer service orientation in a fast-paced environment; must have a pleasant in-person, email and telephone demeanor.
• Must be able to accept direction from supervisors.
• Must have experience using CCI’s resources and services.
• Must be have diplomacy skills and ability to demonstrate patience when interacting with others; must handle pressure gracefully.
• Must have ability to work independently and cooperatively with frequent interruptions.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be reliable and demonstrate an exceptional work ethic.
• Familiarity with computer software such as MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
• Familiarity with internet applications (Google Apps, Social Media, etc.) helpful.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your fit for the position, why you want to work at the CCI and why you want to stay in Middlebury this summer, résumé, and the names of two references. Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview on a rolling basis.
Underclassmen and students with diverse backgrounds and interests are encouraged to apply.Posting Number STU00736 Location Middlebury, VT Campus Posting Information Is this an academic year or summer position? Summer Position Open Date 02/26/2019 Close Date 04/01/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your fit for the position, why you want to work at the CCI and why you want to stay in Middlebury this summer, résumé, and the names of two references. Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview on a rolling basisQuicklink for Posting http://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/18741 Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V