Program Coordinator - Undergraduate Programs
Program Coordinator - Undergraduate Programs Job no: 498030
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Deans Office/College Engineer
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Feb 26 2019
General Summary of Position:
The position provides support for the College of Engineering Undergraduate Programs in activities related to recruitment, retention, transfers and student support. Also, Assist the Associate Dean for undergraduate programs (AD-UGP) in intra and inter-college communications and data collection to support aforementioned activities. This position reports 50/50 to the Dean of Engineering and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies.
1. Coordination of college recruitment and retention events that include, but are not limited to: (i) Open House, Junior Preview and Welcome Day events; (ii) Summer RAMP program; (iii) Summer Camp (High School and IDEA); (iv) STEM Pipeline initiatives, especially with Lowell and Lawrence High Schools; and (v) E-Week Activities (Dean’s Cup Challenge, Order of the Engineer Ceremony, Shadow Day). Handle all aspects of event planning including: logistics, budget tracking, print and online promotional material, event programming and staffing, etc., while successfully partnering with appropriate university groups such as Event Services, Advancement, Admissions, and Dining/Catering.
2. Schedule regular meetings between associate chairs of engineering departments and AD- UGP; Follow up on agenda items, data collection and organization; Assist AD-UGP in design and implementation of workshops/programs for teaching assistants and instructors of gateway UG courses on process for monitoring and identifying students at risk; Work with Centers for Learning and related University services to provide students required guidance for improving academic standing.
3. Administrative/Operations tasks such as supporting AD-UGP; Coordination of Degree Path information (including web postings); approval and support of all student inquiries/petitions/approvals (DIG, Petitions, Grade Change, etc.) with appropriate individuals on campus.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Evidence of professional and responsible job performance in a higher education setting
- Computer skills that include knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Evidence of successful event planning experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Master’s degree preferred (and will consider candidates with Masters and 3-5 years experience)
- Knowledge of and ability to work with PeopleSoft procurement system desirable
- Knowledge of Summit reporting system and SIS
- Student Information system desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups in a collegial manner
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.