Senior Post Award Financial Specialist
DescriptionThe Senior Post-Award Financial Specialist is responsible for the fiscal compliance of complex sponsored grants and contracts in accordance with government regulations, donor requirements, and University policy. Interacts continuously with faculty and administrators to provide customer service, training and subject matter expert guidance to manage financial transactions and reporting in support of the University research community from the central Post-Award office. Monitors cash flow and expense activity, setup and closeout of grants, and reviews and processes financial transactions to the general ledger in preparation of financial statements.
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Bachelor’s degree with 6 years financial, accounting, or research administration experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft/similar enterprise financial system.
- Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Designation of Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or prior grants management experience preferred.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2019, 1:43:09 PM