Administrative Assistant V
Administrative Assistant V
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide administrative support for the Robotics Engineering program director and faculty. Serve as primary point-of-contact for graduate students in the program. Responsible for preparation of a wide range of electronic and paper documents. Assists with program operation. Assists with part-time graduate off campus program scheduling, management, and operation and full-time graduate program operation. Assists with organization and logistics of program conferences, seminars, and events. Supports the program as needed.
- Supports the Robotics Engineering lead Administrative Assistant with record-keeping, document preparation, and other tasks as needed.
- Provides support to the Program Director for all board and faculty meetings. Gathers material, input, schedules, and other items as needed to support program publications and operations.
- Provides creative input to, and management and maintenance of, program and course websites.
- Assists faculty with travel and schedule planning. Assists with all aspects of program operations and clerical work, adapting as needed to support the program and students.
- Assists with managing and organizing conferences, seminars, and events for Robotics Engineering.
- Assists as needed in the record keeping, tracking, advising, scheduling, and support of BS/MS students, full- and part-time MS students, and Ph.D. students. Processes payroll, RA/TA, and fellowship forms and paperwork; monitors paid student employee time sheets as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with a minimum of three years of office or secretarial experience. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in business management, accounting, or personnel management desirable.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access), World-Wide Web content management systems, and other office productivity tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to take on multiple responsibilities.
Documents to Apply:
- Cover Letter
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-V_R0000249
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency