Finance and Grants Management Specialist
Finance and Grants Management Specialist
Job Number: 82109
The Division of Infectious Diseases & Geographical Medicine in the Department of Medicine is seeking an Accountant 2 to perform a variety of regular and recurring professional accounting functions involving fiscal interpretation and analysis, reconciliations, and reviews of multiple accounts and transactions.
- Analyze accounting transactions and information to summarize current financial position at the unit or organization-wide level. Construct and assemble data for decision making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations.
- Capture, track, and report revenue and expenses; determine appropriate procedures for accounting record preparation, research of transactions and reporting. Oversee, reconcile, and resolve problems relative to complicated accounts.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions. Generate, review, analyze and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets. Prepare and present quantitative and qualitative analyses focusing on variances from budget and prior data.
- Maintain and review accounting process controls; recommend and implement any approved modifications; perform preliminary analysis and recommend solutions. Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; prepare management information reports.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. May manage compliance program for area of responsibility, and create complex compliance reports.
- Contribute to unit and organization strategy; assist in the development of change management plans and materials as needed. Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement. Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform system testing and analyze results.
- Serve as a resource to local units and other departments to resolve accounting-related issues.
- Develop, prepare, revise, and finalize project budgets, and provide budget justification; obtain cost sharing commitment and support. Construct and assemble data for budgeting, forecasting, and decision making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations.
- Interpret complex university and government policies (FAR, Cost Accounting Standards, Office of Management and Budget circulars, sponsored guidelines, etc.) for project and university personnel and help guide other staff in interpreting complex policies.
- Serve as liaison and active partner between principal investigators, Office of Sponsored Research, research groups, and other departments; respond to sponsor inquiries; advise of new regulations.
This position will be moving to Stanford's new Redwood City Campus https://redwoodcity.stanford.edu/
- 2 + years of experience of professional level accounting and/or finance experience
- Experience with current Stanford financial systems (i.e. ReportMart3, OBI, SeRA, etc)
- Knowledge of RMG and OSR processes
- Cardinal Curriculum completed or completed within the first year of employment
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Expert knowledge and fluency of governmental regulations (e.g. FAR, A-21, A-110, A-133, CAS)
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree plus four years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Intermediate proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; intermediate Excel skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Series: Accounting
Job Code: 4442
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency