Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-20
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented work force to support our common purposed of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRRECT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the word.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership- which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The web developer designs and creates the content for the department(s)’ internal and external websites. Additionally, the incumbent oversees website layout, integrates graphics, updates current online applications, and develops and implements a usability testing process to ensure that new website applications meet University requirements.
• Designs, builds, and maintains websites using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
• Provides technical expertise in front- and back-end web development.
• Supports web infrastructure by providing end-user support, applications maintenance, product evaluation, back-end development, and internal management tools.
• Interprets website design in a creative contemporary style.
• Writes, designs, and edits webpage content and directs others producing content.
• Analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Creates web models or prototypes, including physical, interface, logical or data models.
• Incorporates technical considerations into website design plans, such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, and legal issues.
• Researches, documents, rates, and selects alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
• Selects programming languages, design tools, and applications.
• Develops website maps, application models, and image and page templates that meet project goals, user needs, and industry standards.
• Develops system interaction or sequence diagrams.
• Provides clear, detailed descriptions of website specifications, such as product features, activities, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems’ software and hardware.
• Ensures a high quality and consistent look and feel across multiple devices and browsers.
• Creates graphics and images optimized for web utilization.
• Manages and fixes issues within existing web content, creates new pages, and migrates existing web content into new webpage template.
• Participates in efforts to improve the overall web development and delivery process.
• Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
• Commitment to the University’s core values.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i104