Temporary Trades Pool
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Other
Posted data: 2019-04-26
UVA Temps is an in-house agency that recruits a labor force of diverse, qualified candidates and places them in a range of temporary positions across the University.
Temporary Labor/Maintenance/Housekeeping assignments can vary in length lasting from a few days to an indefinite time period. They can be part-time or full-time, and require varying skill sets ranging from entry-level to advanced expertise. The needs of our business partners vary, and employees of diverse skills are needed for different assignments. Below are some of the positions which UVA Temporary Trades employees assume:
- Security Guard
- Plumber (Assistant/Journeyman/Master Levels)
- Electrician (Assistant/Journeyman/Master Levels)
- Carpenter (Assistant/Journeyman/Master Levels)
- HVAC/Sheet Metal Mechanic (Assistant/Journeyman/Master Levels)
- Mason (Assistant/Journeyman Levels)
- Grounds keeping/Landscaping
- General Maintenance
- Fire System Technician
Minimum Qualifications Required
Skills & Abilities:
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position and able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated level of professional customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality while managing competing priorities
- Ability to communicate and work alongside faculty, staff, students, patients, vendors, and outside guests of the University in an effective and professional manner.
Education: High School Diploma, Certification, Professional Licensure, or equivalent education, training and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- One year or more work experience in professional field of expertise
- Experience with University of Virginia policies, procedures
- At least 4 years of experience and/or journeyman or master certification to be considered for a skilled trade position
The various jobs listings you see posted within the temporary pools are general categories and may not be actual positions we are recruiting for at the time you apply. We will keep your application on file and contact you if we believe your skills and experiences are a match for a position we are trying to fill.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.