Assistant Professor of Education/Mathematics
Expanded search to Clarify Qualifications. The School of Education at Dalton State College seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Education beginning on August 01, 2019. Candidates must be prepared to teach undergraduate-level courses in Mathematics education and general teacher education coursework. Three courses comprise the bulk of the teaching load: Algebra for P-8 Teachers, Geometry for P-8 Teachers, and Statistics for P-8 Teachers.
- Earned doctorate in Math, Math Education or Education: Curriculum and Instruction.
- Minimum of 18 graduate-level hours in mathematics.
- Evidence of successful teaching of mathematics at the elementary or secondary level, with a preference for successful teaching of mathematics at the elementary level.
- Three years of classroom teaching experience in grades PK-12.
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly productivity.
- Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse communities.
- Commitment to collaboration with public schools.
- Knowledge of and experience with integrating technology in teacher education.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- The standard teaching load is 12 credits per semester (usually four courses in the fall and spring semesters).
- Academic advising, committee work, planning and assessment, other college and community service, and professional development.
- Collaborate as a team member.
- Other such duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Education (e) Faculty members are expected to pursue scholarly interests and to participate in university governance and curricular development. Faculty may be required to teach day, evening, or online courses.
A complete application must include (a) a letter of interest, (b) a statement of teaching philosophy, (c) current curriculum vitae, (d) three names of references and corresponding phone numbers, email addresses, and (e) transcripts of all college work.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Materials should be emailed electronically to Robert Overstreet at [email protected]
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment. Employment opportunities, admissions policies, activities, services, and facilities of the College do not exclude any person on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin or disability. AA/EEO
Dalton State College (DSC) is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). It is located about 90 miles from Atlanta and 30 miles from Chattanooga, TN.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Assistant Professor of Education/Mathematics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly