Simulation Technology Spec (S13271)
Job location: TP/SS - Health Sciences Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-25
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitleSimulation Technology Spec (S13271)Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Simulation Technology Specialist in the Health Sciences Department. Position is bargaining non-exempt, grade 25. The work schedule 40 hours per week. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
Simulation Technology Specialist provides instructional support services to students and/or faculty in support of the College's nursing and allied health academic programs.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Programs software to model simulators’ physiological responses to instructor specifications.
- Operates simulation mannequin sessions as assigned by the simulation coordinator.
- Supports and assists in role playing application, prop placement, and moulage set up to create a virtual healthcare setting.
- Operates simulation and audiovisual equipment to run simulations and film scenarios for scenario library.
- Tears down simulation when session is finished.
- Acts as resource for faculty regarding simulation equipment.
- Collaborates with faculty and instructional designers regarding use of simulation in instruction.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment needed for simulation.
- Conducts tours and simulation sessions for internal/external groups or individuals.
- Maintains equipment and collaborate with technicians regarding equipment repairs.
- Sets up, operates, and manipulates patient care simulators, multimedia, computer and related equipment needed for simulating medical conditions and responses used in nursing and other allied health courses.
- Guides and assists faculty in running simulation scenarios.
- Maintains and troubleshoots simulation equipment, including simulators, related computer and audio- visual components.
- Administrative/clerical support to the Simulation Coordinator and Lab Director.
- Supports community outreach by creating videos for faculty training in the use of simulation and for posting on the nursing program website's simulation library, hosting tours of the simulation suite, and facilitating audio-visual needs when MC hosts regional simulation conferences and meetings.
- Associate’s degree in instructional technology, computer science, or a health care field.
- One year of experience in the programming, operation, and maintenance of simulation-based medical learning systems.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support.
- Knowledge of patient care simulation technologies, software, operation, and applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of the features, operation, and capabilities of basic multimedia equipment.
- Skill in the set-up and operation of patient care simulation and related multimedia and computer equipment.
- Requires lifting, moving, and manipulating equipment and mannequins weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Three years of experience setting up, operating, trouble-shooting and maintaining computer/multimedia presentation and video conference technologies in an institute of higher learning or similar environment.
- This position will be open until filled.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- For consideration, please Include dates of employment in your application or attachment
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateOpen Until FilledMontgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplaceFor disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353or send an email to: [email protected]Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promotingequal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.