Physical Therapy. Physical Therapist 1. JR
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-01-09
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform evaluation on new patients, establish goals and develop appropriate treatment plans with the patient in accordance with UMH patient care policies and based on standards of practice established by the APTA.
- Provide physical therapy treatment in accordance with the established treatment plan effectively and efficiently. Demonstrate knowledge and ability to apply therapeutic principles and practices. Skillfully and safely progress patients through the levels of treatment within the maximum capabilities of the patient.
- Document all evaluations, treatments and other pertinent patient interactions in accordance with UMH policy.
- Provide relevant education to the patient and/or family regarding the patient’s condition and instruction for home activities.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with the patient, family and other members of the rehabilitation team.
- Communicate with physicians and their staff by phone or in writing. Obtain necessary additional information and suggest revisions in treatment as appropriate.
- Use treatment tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of productivity according to clinical standards and demonstrate willingness to adjust personal schedule in case of crisis and real clinic need.
- Participate in quality and safety improvement activities as directed by the Department Director.
- Orient, instruct and direct work activities for assistants and support personnel.
- Supervise and instruct physical therapy students according to professional guidelines.
- Provide or participate in educational programs for staff, patients and the community at large.
- Participate in program development and marketing efforts as directed by the Department Director.
- Actively pursue professional growth through affiliation with professional physical therapy associates, workshop attendance and conferences.
- Understand and follow all UMH policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Department Director.
- Graduate from a program approved by the APTA and shall hold a current state license as applicable. The Physical Therapist shall be responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice according to ATPA guidelines in the full scope of physical therapy services.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:h86