Sr Business Analyst
DescriptionViewing technology in the context of work, scholarship and campus life, TTS is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology services that support Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, and service. Understanding that IT enables innovation, TTS prioritizes holistic, human-centered design strategies to create timely and intuitive services, applications and tools that differentiate the Tufts experience.
Across our diverse and creative teams, we engage and focus our collective talent to strengthen Tufts’ strategic IT capabilities. To keep pace with our community’s emerging needs, we continue to evolve our competencies across four main families of practice, including Planning and Design, Service Delivery and Operations, Data Strategy, and Academic Technology.
Thinking and acting strategically with technology occurs through strong partnerships and an engaged community. Additionally, for technologies to take on integral meaning to our work, we also need reliable and consistent support in using them. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community and to enable the broadest possible access.
Come join our collaborative, flexible work environment, where leadership is valued at all levels of the organization, and opportunities abound to work with leading technologies and learn new skills.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Student and Alumni Services, the Senior Business Analyst works with business partners within several business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies. The candidate will demonstrate an informed knowledge of the PeopleSoft Student Records, Campus Community, and interface business areas to resolve problems on an ongoing basis. Key responsibilities of this position include supporting several moderately complex business processes, working closely with users to understand their needs, translating those needs into technical and functional requirements documentation, and contributing to quality assurance and training initiatives. The Senior Business Analyst may server as a project lead on large, complex projects from concept to completion. Will mentor and coach more junior level business analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 6+ years of relevant technical and/or business experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions product including experience interfacing with vendor products.
- Experience creating requirements documentation, business process documentation, data flow diagrams, technical and functional specifications using Microsoft Office Suite and detailed testing plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set goals and priorities, and work effectively under pressure from multiple competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive University data
- Previous work experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with other ERP applications or student information systems.
- Experience with third-party vendors such as TerraDotta, National Student Clearinghouse, and 2U.
- Job Scheduling familiarity, including the TIDAL product.
- Understanding of business process redesign
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Occasional evening or weekend work, as well as the ability to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation for major incident support activities
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: IT (Information Technology)
Organization: Tufts Technology Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Feb 25, 2019, 10:55:48 AM