Youth Programming Instructor - NYC and vicinity
Job location: NY New York City
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-03-29
Youth Program Instructors teach programming classes to kids and teens within our Generation Code Initiative. This role is responsible for delivering curriculum, creating an engaging learning environment, and student success.
- Successful delivery of curriculum to students
- Complete classroom management training
- Conduct pre and post assessments
- Complete personal development training
- Be an active advocate for the program and the schools
- Completion of daily Reflection forms
- AA degree required unless you have successfully completed a coding boot camp or certified training.
- 6 months experience as a front-end developer OR equivalent experience.
- Experience as a teacher or other experience working with youth (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, babysitting, etc.)
- STEM programming experience (i.e.: Robotics, MineCraft, Lego MindStorm, Raspberry Pi, or alternative programs of a similar type).
- Strong communication skills
- Must enjoy working with kids and teens and enthusiastically engage the students.
- Jobs based in NY or the Greater NYC vicinity, and Fairfax County, VA.
- This is a part time job that requires a 3 month commitment
- Coding classes are scheduled at a range of times throughout the day in a variety of settings, so scheduling is flexible.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]