Custodial Supervisor (Douglas Campus)
Title:Custodial Supervisor (Douglas Campus) Department:Physical Plant Administration Job Category:Staff Regular/Temporary:Regular Salary:$12.65 p/h Open Date:02/25/2019 Description:
- Inspects buildings and equipment for cleanliness and checks results of work.
- Reports need for repairs and replacements.
- Reports need for custodial materials, small tools, and supplies; distributes supplies and equipment to subordinates.
- Issues keys to subordinate personnel if applicable.
- Disposes of trash collected from buildings.
- Performs a variety of cleaning and minor maintenance activities with subordinates; operates various types of cleaning machinery.
- Prepares periodic reports of work performed.
- Performs related work as required.
- Other duties as assign.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude and to deal with coworkers, students, faculty and staff tactfully and courteously in order to maintain effective service-oriented relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions
This position reports to the Director of Facilities.
Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- The work consists of supervisory duties / hands-on and coordination of primary functional areas
- GED or High school Diploma
- 5 years’ experience in the Custodial Field
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 3 years’ experience as a supervisor