Feb 25, 2019
About the Bard Early Colleges
Through a tuition-free, engaging college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, the Bard Early Colleges help high school students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college prepared to contribute to the workforce and civic life. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. The Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic supports. Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 2,850 students in five states. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard High School Early College DC (Bard DC), a partnership between Bard College and District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS), invites applications for a full-time Administrative Aide.
- Manage front office communications for Bard DC, including answering the main phone line and greeting visitors;
- Organize and maintain records and reports of student attendance, early dismissals, and other key data;
- Maintain and update information in DCPS data systems as needed;
- Support families and students throughout the registration and enrollment process;
- Conduct other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience working in DCPS (strongly referred);
- Professional experience working with adolescents and their families;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume and three references through Interfolio.com. Review of applications to begin immediately.