Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Chief Engineer performs supervisory plant operations work in support of the operation of the university's heating and cooling plant, which provides heating and cooling for university physical facilities. S/he supervises and trains operating staff of the heating and cooling plant and energy management. This person also ensures the production of steam and chilled water to the campus and hospital. The incumbent prepares work schedules, equipment operation schedules, preventive maintenance schedules and equipment inspections. The Chief Engineer also reviews daily operational data plans and implements special projects for updating equipment/systems and plant expansion. The work is performed to ensure the efficient and uninterrupted provision of heating and cooling to the university. First contact in response trouble calls related to chilled water, steam, condensate and domestic water. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensures smooth daily operations of the heating and cooling plant. Schedules personnel to ensure adequate staffing to provide 24-hour operation of the heating and cooling plant. Implements operating guides and procedures to ensure the heating and cooling plant is operated within prescribed parameters and according to standard procedures and plant objectives.
- Supervises heating and cooling plant employees and energy management employees: Interviews and participates in hiring of new employees. Evaluates employee performance, issues disciplinary actions, and assists in the record keeping of employee time and payroll information.
- Ensures the proper treatment of water used in the heating and cooling plant's equipment. Reviews recorded data on water treatment and checks the status of chemical analysis for boiler water, condensate and cooling water systems. Ensures that chemical treatment is maintained within prescribed parameters.
- Ensures and provides training and instruction to staff supervised. Identifies training deficiencies and makes appropriate referrals and arrangements. Evaluates training effectiveness and recommends appropriate changes.
- Ensures coordination of heating and cooling plant operating activities with plant maintenance.: Coordinates operations with scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to avoid conflicts and unnecessary interruptions in service.
- Provides support to heating and cooling plant management. Provides information, recommendations and advice to plant management regarding the operating needs of the plant.
- Ensures periodic inspections of heating and cooling plant operating equipment.: Schedules and coordinates equipment inspections required by insurance carrier and District Government.
- High School
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in the trade
- Completion of apprenticeship or equivalent training in the stationary engineer trade
- Possession of an appropriate stationary engineer's license for the facility assigned
- DC 1st class engineer's license. Requires a valid driver's license
- Section E includes 7 additional employees of the maintenance staff to be supervised in absence of the maintenance supervisor. This position is considered an emergency position that requires that incumbent report to work during inclement weather at the regularly scheduled time regardless of whether the University is closed, opening late or closing early. Must be able to be flexible to accommodate emergency situations
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Chief-Engineer_JR05743
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency