Associate Vice President for Financial Service
Associate Vice President for Financial Service
Another Source's client, Fresno State, is recruiting an Assistant Vice President for Financial Services to join their team. Here's a little about California State University, Fresno and the position they are recruiting for:
Fresno State's 388-acre main campus and its 1,011-acre University Farm are located at the northeast edge of Fresno, California, at the foot of the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range. The surrounding San Joaquin Valley is one of the richest agricultural areas in the world, and Fresno is the fifth largest city in California. The university is within an hour's drive of many mountain and lake resorts and within a three- or four-hour drive of both Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Fresno State is part of the California State University, a 23-campus system across California. With more than 400,000 students, it is the largest, the most diverse, and one of the most affordable university systems in the country.
Check out our campus here: https://youtu.be/oendQXM-fuc
The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a CSU Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive benefits package which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 12+ paid holidays; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Overview of the role:
Financial Services provides a broad range of support to meet the business needs of the campus community and to provide prudent financial guidance and management of the University's fiscal resources and fiscal stewardship obligations. The Assistant Vice President for Financial Services is responsible for providing management and oversight of the financial operations of the campus. This position will directly oversee Accounting Services (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting and Financial Reporting, Student Accounts and Bulldog Card). Additionally, in collaboration with the Deputy Athletic Director, this position will provide guidance and direction over the fiscal operations and policies of the Athletic Business Office. The Assistant Vice President for Financial Services will assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with all external and internal audits and will be the primary liaison with the CSU Office of Audit and Advisory Services. The Assistant Vice President will be the primary lead with Technology Services on any PeopleSoft upgrades or system customization/modifications including any business process improvements. This position will work closely with the University Controller to ensure the accuracy and timely submission of the University's year-end financial statements. This position will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all CSU and campus fiscal policies and procedures. The Assistant Vice President will serve as a collaborative partner with the campus community and will provide support as needed to the University Budget Committee, Campus Fee Advisory Committee and others.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Awareness and understanding of University's Strategic Plan and key priorities
• Ability to interpret and effectively communicate information contained within audited financial statements.
• Understanding of complex financial accounting systems (i.e. PeopleSoft).
• Familiarity with GASB financial statement reporting requirements.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of effective organizational fiscal policies and procedures.
• Ability to develop complex annual budgets with multiple enterprise components.
• Ability to develop strategies for capital budgeting and project financings.
• Ability to identify and resolve business process issues.
• Emerging issues and challenges facing higher education.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MSProject, etc.).
Skills and Abilities
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Effective listener/problem solver.
• Collaborative business partner.
• Accessible and customer service oriented.
• Effective organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex policies and procedures.
• Ability to develop, present and explain complex financial data and analysis.
• Ability to represent the University as required.
• Ability to lead and engage campus community and stakeholders in a consultative process.
• Committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related field from an accredited college or university.
• Active or inactive CPA license.
• At least five years of progressively responsible experience as a financial leader in a comprehensive university or other large and complex organization.
• Demonstrated experience managing and leading a team of employees, including evidence of performance assessment, proactive problem resolution, and support of staff professional development and training.
• Experience issuing debt related financial instruments to finance University projects or other large organization projects.
• Relevant leadership experience in higher education.
A Master's Degree in Business Administration or comparable graduate degree.
Oracle, PeopleSoft financial management application systems experience.
Recent experience working in the California State University system.
The CSU system is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
To apply, visit: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oK7v9fwf&s=NACUBO
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency