Associate Vice Provost and Director of Programs
Associate Vice Provost and Director of Programs
Job Number: 82067
Stanford| Associate Vice Provost and Director of Programs
Job Code: 4124
In close collaboration with the Vice Provost of Faculty Development and Diversity, the Associate Vice Provost and Director of Programs will provide strategic planning and direction of complex development programs and diversity initiatives for faculty through a variety of programs such as orientations, talks, workshops, events for new and junior faculty, department chairs and deans, and initiatives supporting faculty diversity.
The office assists in faculty recruitment and retention efforts to ensure that Stanford has an excellent and diverse faculty. The office works with deans, chairs and search committees with outreach efforts in developing talented and diverse applicant pools, and serves as a central resource for all faculty recruits and newly hired faculty in their transition to the Stanford community.
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate all faculty development programs open to all university faculty.
- Design, develop and implement diversity initiatives and support units and schools with their efforts in this domain.
- Monitor national trends in diversity and development for faculty and keep Stanford at the cutting edge of these efforts.
- Work across the university with all units on diversity and faculty development efforts across the “life span” or career to make sure all policies and regulations are met.
- Help deans and faculty in the various schools in all of these programmatic efforts.
- Represents the vice provost at important events, conferences and committee meetings both internally and externally (e.g. MIT9 meetings, and NAS action council).
- Work on major communications efforts -(e.g. The faculty diversity profiles - “meet our faculty”, supervises digital media specialist, builds and maintains relevant relationships with school level associate deans etc.
- Oversee staff who assist in implementation of faculty development programs and diversity initiatives, as well as student assistants.
- Responsible for the budget planning, monitoring, analyzing and reporting for the FDD office.
Required education and experience:
A Bachelor's degree and ten years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Desired: Advanced degree (e.g., Master's Degree or equivalent in certifications, PhD or other advanced professional degree)
Minimum knowledge skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial, organizational and staff resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Relevant subject matter expertise.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Experience in or knowledge of business process improvement methodology.
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team.
- Occasional evening hours.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency