Managing Director, Billy Graham Center
Position: Managing Director, Billy Graham Center Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 326 # of Openings: 1 BILLY GRAHAM CENTER AT WHEATON COLLEGE - MANAGING DIRECTOR ResponsibilitiesResponsible to the Executive Director of the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College (BGC) to provide leadership and oversight, supervise designated departments and projects, serve as conference director for the Center’s annual conference, and share in leadership of the BGC. Duties
- Lead and manage the operations of the Billy Graham Center.
- Partner with the Executive Director in the general planning, promotion, and development of the BGC.
- Working with the Executive Director, initiate, develop, implement, and provide strategic leadership for new and existing BGC programs and institutes including the Institute for Prison Ministries, Rural Matters, Evangelism Leadership Fellowship, the Church Evangelism Initiative, the Campus Evangelism Initiative, Send Institute, and other centers and initiatives in development.
- Working with the Executive Director, establish strategic goals for the BGC and develop proposals for achieving them.
- Working with the Executive Director, oversee, evaluate, and provide professional development for BGC staff.
- Develop and oversee the Graham Center budget and prepare regular financial reports for Executive Director and the BGC Committee.
- Track center-wide annual goals and provide Executive Director with regular updates on their status.
- Serve as director of annual conference, oversee planning for various BGC events, and coordinate with Wheaton College scheduling services on Center event logistics.
- Write reports, articles, fundraising appeals, and other center-related communications, in coordination with the Executive Director, Communications Director, and Development Coordinator.
- Supervise BGC Development Coordinator and manage BGC fundraising efforts.
- Approve time sheets, credit card statements, and expense reports for BGC staff.
- Lead monthly BGC staff meetings.
- Represent the Executive Director at meetings and events as assigned and assume responsibility for the BGC in the Executive Director’s absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree preferred; essential that credentials be sufficient to merit appointment with faculty status as staff member (completion of Faculty Application may be necessary).
- Ten years of relevant ministry experience, five years each in senior management and teaching.
- Knowledge of evangelism, missions, and church planting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, organized, and ability to manage multiple people projects, and tasks.