Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Programmer/Analyst position is part of a dynamic team of Programmer/Analysts who are responsible for the support of Hofstra’s robust suite of administrative services, which includes Banner by Ellucian, related third party products, and custom applications. The team members work collaboratively with end-users and IT colleagues to deliver technology solutions to improve services and achieve University goals and objectives.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide excellent customer service
• Plan, develop, test, document and maintain software applications
• Apply knowledge of best practice programming and database techniques
• Investigate application issues, and identify and implement appropriate solutions
• Work collaboratively with diverse functional/technical groups
• Interface with vendors during project and production support activities
• Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner with management and end users
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Able to multi-task and work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of peoples
• Must be self-motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and have solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Expert level knowledge working in an Oracle database environment, using SQL, PL/SQL, and Pro*C.
• Experience using GIT for version control.
• Experience using Eclipse.
• Demonstrated ability in database design, business intelligence/analytics, data warehouse/mart solutions, and end user reporting tools.
• Strong familiarity with Unix/Linux, and Windows
• Prior experience with Ellucian Banner
• Prior University work experience a plus
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: [email protected]
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.