Administrative Assistant, BCERC
This position is scheduled to work 20 hours per week, 38 weeks per year. It is not eligible for benefits.
In support of the Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for learning the online abstract submission system and the online registration system and updating as needed for the conference; collecting data and maintaining its integrity; processing, maintaining abstracts, summaries, papers, and doctoral consortium applications; assisting with the conference schedule, registrations and room reservations, and overall conference planning and execution; scheduling; assisting with the conference publication, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research: BCERC Proceedings, program logistics, and registration; generates reports for conference. In addition, the administrative assistant will be responsible for answering correspondence, processing book orders, record keeping, and general office help.
- Provides overall administrative support to the department/division including but not limited to: entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; relaying messages; maintaining files; monitoring equipment; coordinating faxes; and assessing and ordering supplies.
- Writes and types correspondence, reports, and other materials for own or supervisor's signature. Proofreads and edits copy generated by supervisor and others.
- Oversees maintenance of electronic and paper filing systems and databases including retrieval of information, supervision of data entry, interfacing with IT for problem resolution, and revising existing or creating new processes for maximum efficiency. May also assist with updates to department website.
- Manages the department email account, responding to all emails in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- At least 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Through knowledge of MS Office.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.