4-H Program Assistant
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SUMMARY: The 4-H Program Associate works directly with the 4-H Specialist and the Staff Development team to provide administrative
support, coordination, and implementation of the Bred for Excellence Program from January 2019 to March 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with implementation of all aspects of program activities.
· Contribute to program development activities.
· Assist with staff training and developing workshop and training materials
· Organize and order program materials
· Communicate program information with 4-H agents, community organizations, youth participants, and parents.
· Assist with program evaluation
· Prepare reports as required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Child Development, or related field. Basic experience directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
· Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
· Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
· Program planning and implementation skills
· Current driver’s license
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
· Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends for the duration of assigned program(s)
· Must be able to climb several floors of stairs rapidly
· Travel within the program parameters
· Ability to lift 20 lbs.