Technical Craft Specialist B - Multimedia Technician
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Technical Craft Specialist B - Multimedia Technician Requisition Number SCL00215 General Description
The Technical Craft Specialist B – Multimedia Technician is responsible for the distribution, set up, adjustment and troubleshooting of audio-visual equipment for classrooms and special events at the College. This position provides support to internal users in the operation of videoconferencing and computer integrated smart technology equipment; and performs routine maintenance and testing. Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.Specific Responsibilities
• Assemble/pre-wire and distribute AV equipment.
• Perform basic diagnostic and maintenance of AV equipment.
• Collect distribution data when multimedia equipment is deployed; scanning barcodes for recording in distribution log.
• Log in requests for technical support for multimedia equipment, including smart-carts, smart-podiums, and overhead projectors.
• Process requests for equipment and services.
• Provide basic technical support for audio, video, and video conference events.
• Perform minor electronic hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Perform maintenance and testing of computer based/projector integrated instructional technology in classrooms.
• Perform simple operational tasks using the light controller and sound system in the Auditorium and other presentation venues.
• Provide support to audio and video specialists, as needed; including, but not limited to, video camera operation, digitizing video files and simple microphone set-up.
• Provide basic end-user training in the operation of Multimedia Services equipment including computer/projector integrated classroom technology.
• Order DVDs and downloads for use in MMS library.
• Attend weekly staff meetings to review upcoming standing events, and other College activities impacting the Multimedia Services department.
• Respond to emergency and routine incoming calls to the service counter, as appropriate.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Travel to regional campuses, as needed, to provide technical assistance.
• Work extended hours on evenings or weekends, as needed.
• Transfer digital media from one format to another.
• Adhere to all College policies, including those related to copyright.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate’s degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in the operation of multimedia equipment; including smart boards, Smart LCD screen technology, LCD Projectors, laptop computers,document cameras, consumer video equipment, audio presentation equipment, theatrical audio and lighting equipment, and computer equipment (PC’s and laptops) is required.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency to launch and access inventory and scheduling software information using a personal computer or laptop required.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team in resolving problems and issues.
• Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving and judgment is required.
• Ability to work well independently with limited supervision is required.
• Ability to transfer digital media from one format to another.
• Ability to negotiate issues and bring problems to resolution required.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Valid Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation is required.
• Ability to climb and walk within confined spaces.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to work extended hours on evenings and Saturdays, as needed, is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on March 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank VII Salary Range $16.01 - $23.90 Job Posting Open Date 02/12/2019 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Classified Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least (2) two years of relevant work experience in the operation of multimedia equipment, including LCD projectors, laptop computers, document cameras, consumer video equipment, audio presentation equipment, theatrical audio and lighting equipment and computer equipment (PCs and laptops)?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application