2019 - 2020 Alternate Resident Assistant (RA) - Institutional Student Worker
Position Title:2019 - 2020 Alternate Resident Assistant (RA) - Institutional Student Worker Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Alternate Resident Assistant for the 2019-2020 academic year. The role of the Alternate Resident Assistant is that of a live-on liaison between the Student Affairs Staff and UNG residents. The Alternate Resident Assistant's primary function are to assist Residence Life and attend Fall/Spring RA Training to be prepared to step into the role of Resident Assistant (RA) if/when the opportunity arrives. RAs must also demonstrate a commitment to the goals of the Residence Life Program as well as an adherence to UNG Policy.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Sit for desk duty inside a residence hall.
- Participate in training and opening/closing activities within each semester.
- Enforce community standards and Residence Life policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated of leadership abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
- Assertiveness, enthusiasm, creativity, time management and good judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills; computer skills; teamwork skills
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- At least 1 semester living inside a residence hall.
- Prior leadership experience, experience with event planning and working with budgets is preferred.
- Must attend at least 1 New RA Interest Session, attend Group Process & Individual Interview during New RA Process Weekend.
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA while being in good standing with the University of North Georgia (financial, judicial and/or academic).
- Must complete a housing contract and assume all financial/legal obligations related to the contract.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.