Adjunct Faculty: Early Childhood Education Department-Fall semester 2019
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Early Childhood Education Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 21, 2019
Type: Adjunct Faculty
Ref No.: ADJ
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Adjunct Instructors Needed for Fall 2019 in Early Childhood Education Department
The Early Childhood Education Department's mission statement and goals state two primary purposes:
- To provide knowledge, training and skill development for persons interested in early childhood development and education
- To serve the community as an information and knowledge-base in the area of early childhood education and development
This program prepares students in the fields of growth of the child, influences of the family upon the child, and environmental pressures upon the family.
We are primarily seeking instructors to teach daytime and weekend classes.
For a complete listing of Early Childhood Education Courses, please view our online Catalog:
In your application materials, please include which classes you are interested in teaching.
- At least five years of experience in care and educational settings with children 0-6 years of age required
- Understanding of developmentally practice, Anti-Bias Education, and Emergent Curriculum
- Master's degree (M.A., M.S., M.Ed. or MAT in Education, Early Childhood, Psychology, or related field required
- Knowledge of the field of Education and/or Early Childhood Development for broad based teaching responsibilities and assignments across disciplines, as needed
- College-level teaching experience preferred; community college teaching experience preferred
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary per credit hour: $1,1040.00
Effective Date: Open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE