Digital Content Creator/Writer
This position serves as a content planner and creator for digital mediums to reach a variety of target University stakeholders. Has a strong understanding of campus news, research, events, and cycles to prioritize relevant content to various audiences such as prospective students, families and alumni. Incorporates and highlights the Clarkson brand in all content creation. Utilizes unique and appropriate digital mediums to meet the goals of the University, department and collaborating departments. Oversees video content production and creation, including work done internally and by freelance video producers.
- Serve as a creator of content for digital mediums, including the clarkson.edu website, digital marketing email and advertising campaigns and social media
- Work in social media from a marketing perspective, creating social media campaigns to meet goals and create brand awareness for the University
- Brainstorm and execute creative digital content to reach new and existing target audiences (alumni and donors, current students and families, prospective students and families, peer institutions, corporate and educational partners)
- Collaborate with several members of the Clarkson marketing team with content calendar and planning process
- Write, edit and/or design digital content in the form of web narratives, social media posts, videos, advertisements and more using the University brand standards
- Oversee video content production via working as an intermediary between campus departments and freelance or student video producers
- Strong written communication experience and ability to write for multiple audiences in tone and brand
- Ability to work on multiple projects in different stages for different mediums and audiences at once
- Understanding of trends in digital marketing and higher education marketing
- Ability to work with others and communicating to them about what they as well as what they want to reach their goals and the University’s goals
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or similar products for small design projects
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
- Strong management skills of student employees and freelance producers
- Video production and editing skills
Experience, and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field or comparable work experience.
Will consider May 2019 graduates. Position is contingent upon successfully completing Bachelors Degree.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience, and Skills
1-2 years of related experience
Higher education experience
Video production and editing skillsPhysical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Posting Detail Information Close Date Open Date 02/12/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions for this Posting
Clarkson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Reference Request Details Maximum Number of Reference Requests 3 Minimum Number of Reference Requests 0 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Less Than One
- One to Two
- Two to Three
- Three to Five
- Five or More
- * How do you embrace Diversity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter