Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Web Developer Who we are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.What we offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.Campus Chicago - Michigan Ave. If other, please specify Position Status Full Time If part time, hours per week What you will do:
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to the needs and specifications of the institution. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.Outcomes:
• Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
• Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
• The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
•Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
• Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
• Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
• Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
• Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
• Troubleshooting issues quickly and to stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards, and trends.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, a solid grasp of graphic design, and exceptional time management capabilities
• Ability to actively seek new programming knowledge
• Experience with Document Project Build and Maintenance
• Experience Building User Interfaces and Prototypes from Wireframes and Designs
•Familiar with Development and Debugging Tools for Cross-Browser Issues
•Follow and Implement Industry Accepted Best Practices and Tools
•Write and Maintain Web Applications
•Associate’s degree and/or 3 years of relevant experience required
•Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or 5 years of professional experience preferred
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Internal Posting Form (Internal Applicants Only)