Extension Asst - AgDiscovery
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Extension Assistant will assist the Youth Program Coordinator in the
implementation of the AgDiscovery program funded by United States Department of
Agriculture division of Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services
(APHIS). This is a temporary position funded for two weeks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (ex: duties that are essential to performing the
job with or without an accommodation)
1. Provide supervision to program participants and counselors during the absence of Program Coordinator.
2. Mentor student teams/group
3. Complete tasks and provide leadership as assigned by Program Coordinator
4. Assist in timely arrival and departure to all activities
5. Accompany program participants at all times unless dismissed by Program Coordinator, (i.e. to the Health Center, to the Dorm to retrieve a
6. Follow and enforce 4-H Youth Development Code of Conduct and Conflict Resolution Plan; assist with group and behavior management
7. Assist with head count before departure from KSU campus and field trip sites
8. Maintain the highest level of communication with Program Coordinator
9. Complete all reporting forms as necessary (i.e. incident report form, daily report log)
10. Attend and participate in CPR and First Aid training
11. Attend and participate in required skill building training sessions
a. Adolescent Development Training
b. Subject Matter Training
c. Program Orientation
12. Assist program participants with research for presentation.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in animal science, veterinary medicine and/or course work in biological sciences.
Satisfactory criminal background check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· At least two years of animal science/veterinary medicine experience
· Ability to speak and write well
· Ability to work effectively with people of all backgrounds
· Ability to travel within Kentucky and outside of Kentucky and work well without close supervision
Frequent outdoor and physically active projects
Extensive hours in case of emergency and during travel