Assistant Director of Admission for Diversity Outreach
Assistant Director of Admission for Diversity Outreach
Job Number: 82026
Assistant Director of Admission for Diversity Outreach and External Relations
Job Code: 7512 Job Grade: G FTE: 100%, Non-exempt
Financial Aid Office: Offices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Visitor Information Services
The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission seeks an Assistant Director of Admission for Diversity Outreach and External Relations to independently administer, implement and interpret university and/or department admission policies and procedures. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Diversity Outreach and External Relations, s/he may serve as the primary liaison to one of Stanford's cultural-themed community centers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Reading, evaluating and making higher level recommendations on undergraduate applications.
- Developing and implementing programs and strategies for recruitment of top students, bearing primary responsibility for a specific area of focus.
- Developing and delivering outreach programs in local, national and international communities, conducting informational meetings and responding to questions regarding admission and the student experience at Stanford (e.g., taking special steps to sensitize and enlighten the Admission staff to the special interests and needs of diversity outreach initiatives by acting as the primary point person in determining and conducting diversity outreach and yield efforts, and proposing, planning and executing travel in support of these efforts).
- Developing programs and efforts to cultivate and maintain relationships with secondary school personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Analyzing needs, developing and managing admission programs and processes (e.g., determining what support groups and systems are available outside Stanford in helping to identify and prepare students for college admission in general and Stanford in particular, and developing/deepening relationships with these populations).
- Conducting quantitative analyses of admission data.
- Serving as a public relations and information source to prospective applicants, secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
*Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree and two years (Master's and three years preferred) of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience (preference for highly selective admission).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions among competitive applicants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Evidence of program planning management skills.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery ad fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency