College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - School of Ar...
The School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill one or more Specialized Faculty positions at the rank of Instructor, Lecturer, or Teaching Assistant Professor with expertise in the following areas:
- Illinois Architecture Study Abroad Program | Barcelona El Vallès: which entails teaching (4) Structures courses (2 per semester) to juniors and seniors in the Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies major, making substantial contributions to collaboratively taught courses, engaging with students, and assisting the IASAP BV Director and Coordinator in organizing co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. IASAP-BV is based at the highly ranked Escola Tècnica Superior d’Arquitectura del Vallès (ETSAV) in Sant Cugal, and is a campus of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya-BarcelonaTech.
- Depending on needs of the School, courses including, but not limited to design studios, history lectures, and structures/technology lectures.
These positions are non-tenure track and will be between zero and 100% time, depending on needs of the School.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses for the School of Architecture in one or more instructional fields (on-campus or online), mentoring and overseeing Graduate Teaching Assistants as needed, and meeting with instructors of other sections when appropriate.
- Instructor: Master's degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught. Lesser degrees will be considered if accompanied by significant professional experience.
- Lecturer: Terminal degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught.
- Teaching Assistant Professor: Record of teaching and academic scholarship that meets qualifications for the rank of Teaching Assistant Professor required.
Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Three years of combined teaching and professional experience in a field relevant to the intended field of instruction. Merit-based exceptions to this qualification will be considered.
Higher specialized faculty (non-tenure track) teaching or clinical professorial ranks will be considered, if School needs warrant, for applicants that significantly exceed these minimum and preferred qualifications.
Proposed Starting Date: August 16, 2019; or January 1, 2020.
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu, and upload the following:
- A letter of application which addresses your interest in serving as Specialized Faculty, an indication of the course(s) or subject(s) for which you would like to be considered, and the semester(s) in which you would be available to teach.
- A current CV.
- A list of three professional references, including name, address, email, and phone number. These references should be able to speak to your teaching and professional experience and expertise.
- Optional: You may also submit supporting graphic or written material appropriate to the field(s) of instruction for which you wish to be considered, as well as evaluations from previous teaching experience.
For full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by June 30, 2019 for Fall 2019, and October 1, 2019 for Spring 2020. If applying for the IASAP BV position, please make note in your letter of application.
Interviews may take place and offers may be made before the closing date, but all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration for an open position.
For further information regarding the position or application procedures, please contact Margo Kiener at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Fine & Applied Arts Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - School of Architecture (110557) Open Date:02/21/2019 Organization Name:Architecture