College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - School of Ar...
The School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill one or more Specialized Faculty positions. These positions are non-tenure track and will be between zero to 100% time, depending on the School's needs. Specialized Faculty teach assigned courses throughout the semester such as design studios, history lectures, and structures/technology lectures, etc.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses for the School of Architecture in one or more instructional fields (on-campus or online), mentoring and overseeing Graduate Teaching Assistants as needed, and meeting with instructors of other sections when appropriate.
- Adjunct Instructor/Instructor: Master's degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught. Lesser degrees will be considered if accompanied by significant professional experience.
- Adjunct Lecturer/Lecturer: Terminal degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught.
Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Three years of combined teaching and professional experience in a field relevant to the intended field of instruction. Merit-based exceptions to this qualification will be considered.
Proposed Starting Date: August 16, 2019; or January 1, 2020.
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu, and upload the following:
- A letter of application which addresses your interest in serving as Specialized Faculty, an indication of the course(s) or subject(s) for which you would like to be considered, and the semester(s) in which you would be available to teach.
- A current CV.
- A list of three professional references, including name, address, email, and phone number. These references should be able to speak to your teaching and professional experience and expertise.
- Optional: You may also submit supporting graphic or written material appropriate to the field(s) of instruction for which you wish to be considered, as well as evaluations from previous teaching experience.
For full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by June 15, 2019 for Fall 2019, and October 1, 2019 for Spring 2020. Interviews may take place and offers may be made before the closing date, but all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration for an open position.
For further information regarding the position or application procedures, please contact Margo Kiener at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Fine & Applied Arts Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - School of Architecture (110557) Open Date:02/21/2019 Organization Name:Architecture