Associate Dean/Professor, Health and Human Services
Associate Dean of WellStar College of Health and Human Services/Professor in one of the following areas: Social Work, Human Services, Nursing, Health Promotion, Physical Education or related field
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a twelve-month, tenure track Associate Dean of WellStar College of Health and Human Services and Professor faculty position in one of the following areas: Social Work, Human Services, Nursing, Health Promotion, Physical Education or related field, which begins July 2019.
Twelve-month, full-time administrative position as a member of the leadership team for the WellStar College of Health and Human Services. The Associate Dean may teach up to one course per year.
- Supervises faculty professional development and management (Tenure and Promotion; Hiring of chairs and administrators; Contact person for hiring foreign faculty—H1 Visa etc.);
- Facilitates elections in the College, in conjunction with the College Faculty Council Chair, for college and university committees;
- Coordinates data for SACS, student grade appeals, and other reports; contact person for accreditation reports and site visits; support chairs and departments with accreditation and new program development process;
- Counsels faculty and the Dean on various KSU, Board of Regents, and Human Resources policies;
- Assists Dean with data and consultation related to faculty and staff conflicts;
- Assists Dean with data and consultation related to office staff evaluations;
- Assists with growth and maintenance of quality graduate programs in the College;
- Assists with strategic planning in response to KSU’s quest for excellence as an R2 university;
- Monitors and collects college programmatic data and reports submitted to different constituencies through the Dean’s office;
- Administrator for Title IX, Sexual Harassment, and other complaints by students and faculty;
- Serves as a liaison to the Office of the Registrar, the Graduate College, and the Division of Student Affairs;
- Serves as a liaison to Legal Affairs and college constituencies;
- Represents Dean at events, as needed;
- Provides assistance to the Dean, as requested.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Earned doctorate or its foreign equivalent in social work, human services, public health, health promotion, physical education, nursing, or related fields.
- Experience, qualifications, scholarship, and accomplishments commensurate with tenure at the rank of a Full Professor in one of the academic units within the College.
- A record of successful leadership experience, especially related to spearheading new initiatives.
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues in multiple disciplines with diverse specialties and perspectives.
Preference will be given to individuals who have:
- Administrative experience in higher education including faculty management, program management, and/ or project management;
- Experience resolving student issues and concerns;
- Experience working within accredited graduate programs;
- Experience with faculty governance and policy interpretation and application;
- Ability to add diversity of perspective to the Dean’s leadership team.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://facultyjobs.kennesaw.edu.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Georgia is an Open Records state.