Assistant Dean & Director
Assistant Dean & Director
Job Number: 81980
Job Code: 4133
Note: This is a non-academic staff position.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in the Stanford Graduate School of Business seeks an Assistant Dean & Director to oversee the creation and development of an organization to push the boundaries of excellence in education; its mission is to maximize the learning of students while providing an outstanding teaching experience to the school's faculty. It will provide a broad range of support for academic operations in the following key areas: educators' professional development, educational technology, case writing, course material design, speaker engagement, and classroom operations.
The Assistant Dean & Director supports a faculty steering committee in the development of education policies and oversees their implementation. You will be responsible for developing supportive relationships with the GSB faculty and orchestrating the timely and high quality delivery of education support services for world class educators.
If you have a deep understanding of the teaching profession, empathy with the MBA student culture, a working knowledge of evidence-based pedagogy insights, a commitment to rigorous evaluation of teaching practices, and the political astuteness to navigate a complex academic organization, we look forward to speaking with you.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Guide key strategic contributors across senior leadership, faculty and staff, in the formation of a unified vision and strategy for continued innovation in teaching excellence.
- Direct staff to achieve goals, including continuous review of work processes to streamline and unify efforts for improved coordination and delivery.
- Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, personal development for direct reports and accountable for the performance of employees.
- Manage the direction of internal academic and administrative policy development for programs and administrative operations, guiding approval process with Academic Deans.
- Define and implement strategy for faculty outreach and communication related to developments in programs and processes impacting classroom experience.
- Develop and oversee faculty request intake process to enable the identification of faculty needs, simplify access to services, and enhance faculty satisfaction.
- Oversee the administration of department finances and resources, including developing annual budget, monitoring expenses, analyzing trends and forecasting changes.
- Partner with Human Resources in the interpretation and implementation of staff policies, and development of strategies related to team development, culture and performance.
- May provide input to university leadership on institutional academic and administrative policies and guidelines.
- Manage and coordinate grants and contracts for the department. Ensure compliance with institutional and external requirements.
- Exhibit flexibility in completing other assigned duties in support of the team.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- An advanced degree in a related field of study, preferably a Ph.D. and/or a combination of experience working in or influencing the classroom experience.
- Exemplary interpersonal influence, actively nurtured through ongoing direct and unsolicited relationship building with stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of senior leadership of related, complex work teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of team management experience, with proven success advancing team culture, performance and development
- Able to thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced role and organization
- Successful experience working with and supporting academics and researchers.
- Proven exemplary management and organizations skills involving varied projects and budgets.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Graduate School of Business, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency