Adjunct Faculty: Mathematics Department-Fall semester 2019
Category:: Adjunct Faculty
Department:: Mathematics Department
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Feb 21, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Adjunct Faculty
Ref. No.:: ADJ
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Adjunct Instructors Needed for Fall 2019 in Math Department
The mission of the department is to provide mathematics instruction that meets the needs of learners with diverse backgrounds and varied educational goals.
The department curriculum includes three components:
- Developmental math courses for underprepared students
- Mathematics service courses for students in other disciplines which satisfy the general education criteria of degree and certificate programs
- Mathematics foundation courses for students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (STEM)
The department strives to create an environment that fosters learner success, promotes academic excellence and prepares quantitatively and scientifically literate citizens. The department supports innovation and encourages faculty professional development.
We are seeking instructors to teach all levels of math at all locations (Charlestown, Chelsea, Malden, Chinatown, other satellites). For a complete list of courses in the Math Department, please visit our online Catalog:
In your application materials, please include which classes you are interested in teaching.
- Master's degree in Math, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering (Applicants with a Master's degree in Education who have completed a minimum of 18 graduate credits in mathematics will also be considered. Applicants must submit their official transcript of record with their application)
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching non-traditional students of all levels of academic preparation
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting an inclusive environment on campus
- Evidence of proficiency with instructional and communication technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Community college teaching experience preferred
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary per credit hour: $1,1040.00
Effective Date: open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE