The Math Instructor provides math instruction at Sheridan College for the Northern Wyoming Community College District. The full-time instructor will teach a variety of mathematics courses, provide instructional support in the Math Center, and contribute to student success initiatives. Duties include curriculum development, assessment of learning at the course, program and institutional levels, use of innovative methodologies, and willingness to integrate technology into classroom and online lessons. Faculty is expected to engage with students inside and outside the classroom, to participate in collegial activity with peers in Sheridan and Gillette, to participate in on-going professional development, and to be involved with the college governance processes.
- Master’s degree in mathematics or related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in mathematics from a regionally accredited institution
- Math teaching experience
- Experience teaching math at a community college preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required by the Position:
- Ability to teach math concepts and assist directly in student learning.
- Effective skills in student-centered learning
- Knowledge of and experience with student learning assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels
- Ability to use a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist student learning
- Ability to use technology and develop learning activities in an online, hybrid or web-enhanced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team with shared responsibilities and agreed upon objectives
- Competent with modern technology for education and office applications
- Knowledgeable of math concepts and steps needed to learn and master math applications
- Knowledge of the community college mission
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Typical instruction environment
- Working some evening and weekend hours is expected.
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.87% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu