IDENTITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT ANALYST II
IDENTITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT ANALYST II
Posting Number: SRGV3779
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: IT Infrastructure
Scope of Job:
To provide technical expertise in the analysis, implementation, integration, and ongoing support of access management systems for the university. Responsible for ensuring the timely provision and de-provision of access requests.
Description of Duties:
• Participates in the design and integration of IT solutions and provides guidance on the optimal approach in support of Access Management systems.
• Provisions, de-provisions, modifies, and resets end-user access rights; ensures that all approvals for access have been secured prior to access being granted.
• Reviews and edits user accounts and access privileges on a regular basis, including troubleshooting access requests.
• Responsible for ensuring access related incident and service requests are responded to and resolved expeditiously.
• Plans, schedules and engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously with competing deadlines.
• Participates in enhancements and implementations of applications and services; attends departmental meetings, project meetings, or meetings to resolve issues and transfers knowledge learned from meetings to staff.
• Analyses possible ways to automate/standardize user access request process.
• Collaborates with analysts, designers, system engineers, system owners, and other internal and external customers in the implementation of access for applications, services, and servers.
• Coordinates the analysis, development, and documentation of all testing scenarios of access for systems and services.
• Maintains record keeping of user requests and data owner authorization for audit purposes.
• Validates access request forms for proper authorization.
• Collaborates with analysts, designers, system engineers, system owners, and other internal and external customers in the implementation of access for applications, services and servers.
• Develops and conducts appropriate training sessions; develops standard operating procedures and documentation to ensure staff has the sufficient knowledge to respond to incidents and service requests
• Formulates recommendations to improve and support organizational processes and activities.
• Acts in accordance with the security requirements established for each system and with the authorizations of the information system data owners.
• Maintains knowledge of IT Security, Access Control and System Administration.
• Performs quality control and validation activities regarding access for applications used by the university.
• Develops and maintains processes and procedures, which document all activities performed by Access Administration.
• Prepares reports and documentation as requested by internal and external agencies.
• Serves on a variety of committees representing access management issues and policies.
• Responsible for communicating and complying with internal and external auditors on department access controls.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a technology related field from an accredited university.
Preferred: ITIL Foundation Certification.
Three (3) years of work experience in identity management processes.
Experience related to access for application, services and servers. Experience working on systems and applications in common to higher education environments.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend/evening work is required.
Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies. Strong customer-service skills. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Ability to conduct research into application issues and products. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/20/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20523
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency