DATA CENTER SYSTEMS ENGINEER II
DATA CENTER SYSTEMS ENGINEER II
Posting Number: SRGV3780
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: IT Infrastructure
Scope of Job:
Responsible for working and assisting with the engineering, integration, implementation, and operation of campus information technology hardware and software infrastructure. Responsible for all areas of upgradeability features including security, version releases and any applicable patches.
Description of Duties:
• Works on projects tasks, change tasks, incidents, problems and service requests for supporting systems to provide technical support.
• Supports DevOps within daily operation of IT services for automation of process delivery and infrastructure changes.
• Configures, deploys, and manages server and storage hardware, operating systems, and other software to meet technical, security and integration requirements.
• Maintains all areas of responsibility current on field upgradeability features, security, version releases and patches applicable.
• Monitors and manage systems while participating in 24×7 weekly Problem Solver rotation in response to received notification alerts.
• Manages systems and infrastructure, including Cloud based technology to minimize malfunctions and optimize performance.
• Assists in administration of Security Information and Event Management infrastructure including Splunk.
• Programs, tests, and implements approved interfaces/integration solutions using efficient standard techniques.
• Evaluates, tests, and reports the analysis of system software and hardware as solutions to replace older or less functional systems.
• Assists in analyzing technical requirements to determine capacity, service, and availability requirements.
• Works in preparing configurations of infrastructure hardware and software to satisfy performance, service level, and availability requirements.
• Assists in the evaluation of technology, determining feasibility and functionality of systems and services including integration requirements to support the needs of our customers.
• May develop and use advanced and innovative approaches to developing technology solutions.
• Performs routine domain management tasks of Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, Radius, and related services supporting campus mail system.
• Maintains current knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) to align IT services with business needs using best practices for IT Service Management (ITSM).
• Maintains knowledge of general NIST IT industry security best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
May be required to assist in the training and supervision of Data Center Systems Engineer I.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a Computer related major from an accredited university.
Three (3) years of experience working with infrastructure, server, and storage technologies, or experience with hardware/software infrastructure engineering, implementation and integration.
Knowledge of installation and maintenance of operating systems, software and hardware such as Red Hat Linux OS, Windows Server OS; server clusters, active directory, DNS, LDAP, MS System Center, Exchange/Office365, Azure, Identity Management; Server Virtualization with VMware or MS Hyper-V; IIS, Apache, Tomcat; MS SQL Server, Oracle Server, MySQL, development using Advanced Systems Programming/Scripting with C, Visual Basic, Python, PHP, Powershell, Perl, .Net, Bash; application servers running Microsoft and Oracle technology based systems; HP and DELL server, blade enclosures; general networking knowledge; enterprise backup solutions.
Use of standard office equipment. Operation and use of servers, storage systems, infrastructure, and related management devices.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Standard conditions associated with Data Center Services operations.
Ability to work weekends and/or evenings as needed; occasional travel is required. Must be accurate in following established Standard Operating Procedures and follow senior staff instructions to avoid errors. Possess resourcefulness and creative thinking skills for problem resolution. Possess analytical skills to effectively and accurately identify problems.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/20/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20526
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency