Technology Systems Support Specialist
Technology Systems Support Specialist
Emerson IT is seeking an enthusiastic and enterprising Technology Systems Support Specialist to join our Information Technology User Services team. This position reports to the Assistant Director of User Services, and is responsible for providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 technology support to Emerson students, staff, and faculty using our computer labs, kiosks, and classrooms on our Boston campus.
The Technology Systems Support Specialist is a key member of the Lab Operations team, and one of the primary duties of this role is to contribute to the public lab and classroom software build development process, with a focus on macOS systems. This includes evaluation of current hardware and software, itemizing hardware that needs replacement, researching appropriate replacements, as well as actively participating in building, configuration, and deployment of software to new and existing workstations.
As far as operational duties, the Technology Systems Support Specialist is expected to troubleshoot and resolve issues with software and hardware in computer labs, with classroom audiovisual systems, on laptops and other mobile devices, and with specialty hardware and software in video and film production labs and edit suites. This role helps to administer, maintain and update Lab Operations servers, ensuring maximum uptime of workstation management and security server software, networked printers and print servers, software licensing, and workstation imaging systems. We expect this team member to help us seek new and innovative solutions to keep all systems functioning to the high level expectations and needs of students and faculty using the labs.
• Skilled in macOS management and support, with Microsoft Windows proficiency.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and software deployment.
• Hardware and software installation and troubleshooting proficiency.
• Mobile device management experience.
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
• Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on preparedness.
• Excellent technical communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. • 1-2 years of technology support or customer service experience in a higher education setting • Experience with Jamf/Casper or other Mac management, imaging, and deployment tools. • Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Google Apps/G Suite, as well as interest in expanding software knowledge. • Experience with iOS management and familiarity with the Device Enrollment Program • Familiarity with macOS package making and scripting a plus; Windows and/or Apple certification a plus. • Knowledge of video & film production and associated software a plus. • Familiarity with Mac OS Server, Windows Server 2012 and 2016 a plus.
Required Prior Work Experience:
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Classification Title: Intermediate IC
Salary Grade: 15
To apply, please visit: www.emerson.edu
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency