Esperanza College of Eastern University, a faith-based higher education institution has an immediate opening for a full-time Executive Dean.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Executive Dean is the chief executive and academic officer of the College. The role of the Executive Dean is to provide inspired, entrepreneurial and strategic leadership of the staff and faculty entrusted with the achievement of the College’s mission, vision and objectives.
The Executive Dean fills a major leadership role within Esperanza, Inc. as the executive with responsibility for planning and executing strategies for financially sustaining and academically enhancing Esperanza College. As such, the Executive Dean has both internal and external responsibilities. This leader has clear responsibility for facilitating organizational growth while building culture that evinces the institution’s values of faith, integrity and excellence. She/he also plays a significant role in strengthening new student enrollments and retention, promoting external relationships that strengthen programmatic offerings and fostering cross-departmental collegiality with Esperanza and Eastern University.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in organizational administration or management, preferably including leadership in higher education; Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in relevant discipline is required; Ph.D. preferred.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- A personal understanding of and ability to personally subscribe to Eastern University’s institutional faith statement;
- Thoughtful vision/understanding of how higher education best responds to urban poverty in 21st century America;
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead, motivate, and inspire others effectively
- Demonstrated success in innovative, new program development;
- Understanding of concepts and practices associated with financial management and budgeting;
- Ability to analyze complex problems and generate effective solutions;
- Ability to initiate and manage organizational change and innovation;
- Ability to understand and communicate with Hispanic, Christian faith communities;
- Detail-orientation and able to manage projects according to strict timelines and budgets;
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills;
- Language facility in both Spanish and English is desirable;
- Successful management of grants and grant-related programs is desirable;
- Understanding of the higher education context in relation to government, accrediting and regional compliance requirements;
- Understanding of the principles and practice of strategy, implementation and evaluation.
Esperanza College offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program. Our campus is located at: 4261 North 5th Street Philadelphia, PA 19140.
Interested candidates should email a resume along with salary requirements to: [email protected] and please indicate Executive Dean in the subject line. For more information, check us out on the web at: www.esperanza.us