STAFF SPECIALIST, THE CAREER CENTER, STUDENT AFFAIRS
Auto req ID
313 STAFF SPECIALIST
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Recruiting Coordinator in the Career Center oversees the on-campus recruiting process and assists the Associate and Assistant Directors with employer retention efforts, focusing on quality customer service and relationship-building with employers recruiting at Duke. The incumbent acts as administrator of the technical system involved in recruiting and serves as the primary contact for employers scheduling on campus interviews and information sessions, assisting students with recruiting, and supervising student workers.
1. Manage the Career Center’s recruiting tool - CareerConnections for on-campus recruiting. Schedule & enter interview dates and other events into system and effectively communicate to both employers and students upcoming events related to campus recruiting. 35%
2. Maintain the recruiting calendar on the Career Center’s website, the Duke Event Calendar, and the CareerConnections calendar. 15%
3. Serve as point of contact for employers during their on campus interviews and help employers resolve issues with schedules and logistics during their visits to campus. 15%
4. Provide direction for employers related to recruiting Duke students, and assist in planning and implementing department events and workshops related toemployer development and student programming. 10%
5. Maintain relationships with appropriate personnel, both internally (university departments) and externally (outside sources) to obtain and provide pertinent information to staff, employers, and students. Answer inquiries based on knowledge of recruiting activities. 10%
6. Plan and schedule work priorities in accordance with program goals, objectives, and deadlines. Keep supervisor abreast of any additional or expanded program requirements, and provide appropriate recommendations for solution to problems. Serve on Career Center committees in support of Career Center mission. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. 10%
7. Assist in determining budgetary recommendations and requirements; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted program accounts. 5%
General Qualifications: Minimum two years post-secondary education and three years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. A bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two years of the experience requirement. A Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of related experience is preferred.
Job-Specific Skills and Competencies:
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including a positive and professional interaction style.
Excellent customer service skills a must.
Strong computer skills including Internet search capability and ability to learn new systems quickly.
Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Excellent organizational and project management skills are needed, including developing and maintaining a filing system.
Possess proactive customer service skills and ability to prioritize / multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to working in a busy, diverse, and complex environment.
Maturity and good judgment / decision making are essential to the position.
Well-developed time management and organizational skills.
STAFF SPECIALIST, THE CAREER CENTER, STUDENT AFFAIRS
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
EducationWork requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research andcommunications principles normally acquired through two years ofpostsecondary education.
ExperienceWork generally requires three years of clerical or research experienceto acquire skills in administrative or project researchresponsibilities as well as accepted office organization,communications and research practices.A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to thespecific position may be substituted for the education and two yearsof the experience requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE