Chief Academic Affairs Officer
Official Title of Position: Chief Academic Affairs Officer
Minimum Monthly Salary: $7,500
Position Number: 10005600
Hopkinsville Community College is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively seek candidates of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
Hopkinsville Community College is looking for a talented, innovative, collaborative leader to set and meet strategic academic goals. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate instructional units, institutional research, distance learning, library, and adult education. The CAO is responsible for the overall operation of the academic unit of the college and, in most instances, assumes the overall responsibilities of the college in the absence of the President/CEO.
- Ensure academic integrity of the college and encourage ingenuity in the classroom.
- Provide comprehensive academic visionary leadership at the college and system levels.
- Ensure the completion of academic assessments and all accreditation documents and reports.
- Facilitate effective academic processes and procedures that foster student success.
- Collaborate with student affairs and other departments to create a holistic approach to meeting student needs both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Create academic affairs budget and manage funds effectively.
- Provide leadership to faculty and staff in academic departments, and serves as chair of the faculty and divisions.
- Oversees annual faculty evaluations including evaluation of division chairs.
- Complete other duties assigned by the President/CEO.
- A doctoral degree and five years successful experience as an instructor and administrator on leadership team.
- Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community and technical college.
- Desire and ability to bring renewed focus on student success and academic innovation.
- High level of integrity and energy, along with excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in successfully completing SACSCOC or other national accreditation organization.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is March 19, 2019. All applicants must submit an application, cover letter, resume, three (3) letters of recommendation, and unofficial transcripts prior to interviews. Search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.
To Apply: Please visit our website to make application online: https://careers.kctcs.edu/search-jobs/?from=search&enterprise_code=444
KCTCS offers an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. This position is a full-time, term-contract position, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance. KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender presentation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.